How will you feel after your treatment?
Most people feel a difference in their energy levels after treatment. You may feel more energised, or you may feel relaxed and sleepy. Either way, I recommend that you follow these guidelines:
- Don’t drive until you are feel ready – you may want to stay relaxed for a while
- Take it easy for a while after a treatment – even have a nap if you feel like it.
- Drink plenty of fluids, ideally water or herbal teas.
- Ideally, avoid alcohol and cigarettes and minimise caffeine for the rest of the day.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal.
- Keep warm and don’t have any other holistic treatments today.
Most clients report feeling really good after a session, with benefits such as:
- a sense of relaxation and wellbeing
- relief from stress, anxiety and tension
- improved mood
- mental clarity and calmness
- a really good night’s sleep
But from time to time, you may feel some short-term negative effects. This might happen as a response to the treatment, when your body takes a while to come back into balance. This is nothing to be alarmed about. You might experience:
- increased thirst or hunger
- increased urination
- feeling more tired or sleepy
- change in sleep patterns
- changes in temperature
- mild nausea
- temporary worsening of other symptoms
- emotional release and changes such as feeling happier, more irritable or more sensitive
- cold like symptoms such as sweating, headache, or stuffy, blocked or runny nose, or cough
- sensations in parts of the body where we have worked on your reflexes
This is called a healing reaction. It may clear up in the next few hours, or in some cases, might last 24-48 hours as the body balances itself.
I will ask you on your next visit about any responses that you may have had. But if you feel concerned about anything following your treatment do not hesitate to call me for advice – or if you cannot reach me, your symptoms worsen, and your symptoms lasts more than 48 hours, call your G.P as it is likely there is another reason for how you are feeling.